Taking a fat burner before bed can be good for your health and body. What are the best options to keep in your diet? Find out here!
Should you take fat burners on an empty stomach? This is a question that many people have been asking. The answer is no, but there are some exceptions to the rule. Read more in detail here: should i take fat burners on non workout days.
If you go to the gym on a daily basis or do research on the optimal times for cardio and weight training, you’ve certainly heard about the dispute over working out in a fasting or fed state.
Fasted cardio is based on the idea that it increases fat burning. When you don’t have anything in your stomach, your body has nowhere to get energy from right away.
As a result, it will burn up stored glucose (glycogen in the liver and muscles) before turning to body fat.
This is one of the main reasons why some people opt to take a fat burner on non-workout days, since it may help you remain on track with your fat reduction goals even when you don’t exercise.
While this seems to be the case, it’s not as easy as burning away all of your stored glycogen in a 15-minute vigorous aerobic workout…
It’s a little more difficult, but you get the concept.
The reasoning behind why individuals recommend using fat burners on an empty stomach is identical. When your body is attempting to absorb anything, it is much more effective when it doesn’t have a lot of food to filter through.
Keep in mind that fat burners aren’t the be-all and end-all of fat loss—they’re more of a crutch for a fantastic concept.
You can’t totally depend on them to do the task, but when you lean on them to assist you, they may be a valuable asset in achieving your objectives.
They do this in three ways. 1:
- Increase your body’s temperature to stimulate thermogenesis and increase calorie expenditure.
- Manage hunger hormones and insulin to help control appetite and cravings.
- Increase fat oxidation while maintaining lean body mass during exercise.
The trouble with most traditional fat burners is that they’re packed with synthetic substances and stimulants, making it difficult to locate one that performs the job without jeopardizing your long-term health.
Burn Lab Pro is one of the most natural fat burners available, plus it’s also stimulant-free and designed for fasted exercise.
It’s crucial to note, though, that not all of them are intended this way, so carefully read the label.
However, taking a fat burner on an empty stomach is best in general.
This is why:
Your fat burner will be more effective if taken before breakfast.
There’s a simple explanation for this, and it has to do with the function of increasing calorie expenditure via increasing metabolic rate.
Your metabolism follows a similar pattern to your own. You’re unlikely to be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed immediately out of bed. You’ll be a little drowsy, maybe a little sluggish, and perhaps a touch moody.
Your metabolism is identical to mine.
Your metabolism won’t be screaming in your ear to get up at 6 a.m., and it certainly won’t be firing at the same pace as it does at 2 p.m. or even midday.
Your metabolism runs on a similar schedule to your sleep-wake cycle.
It’s been shown that, presuming you’re on a regular sleep schedule/circadian rhythm 2, your metabolic rate reduces by around 15% during normal sleep and reaches its lowest point in the morning.
So, by taking a fat burner first thing in the morning, you’re giving your metabolism a boost to bring it back to where it belongs.
At the same time, your body temperature will rise more quickly; your core body temperature is lowest during sleep and gradually rises after awakening.
There will be no negative side effects.
Have you ever noticed how some supplements state “take with meals” and others do not?
This is because some may induce unpleasant side effects when taken on an empty stomach, while others are better absorbed when particular substances, such as carbs or fat, are present.
Take, for example, B vitamins. If you take them on an empty stomach, you’ll most likely feel sick.
However, with Burn Lab Pro, you won’t have to eat a large meal before swallowing a capsule to avoid feeling sick. It’s intended to be used with no food in your stomach.
Peak HMB concentrations were delayed and absorption was reduced when taken with glucose; studies imply that glucose may enhance HMB excretion or delay stomach emptying, thereby muting the impact 3.
Forskolin also has a high bioavailability, with absorption rates that might be as high as 100% 4.
Orally, both drugs have exhibited no side effects 5, 6.
They’re designed to help you get better outcomes.
In the absence of meals, most fat burners include chemicals that spare muscle proteins and target fat for energy. We have a few crucial elements in Burn Lab Pro that help with this:
HMB (beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate) is a by-product of the breakdown of leucine, an amino acid.
For many reasons, it’s an excellent complement to fat burners meant to be taken when fasting:
- HMB supplementation, when taken in combination with an exercise regimen, has been shown to promote fat loss, reduce skeletal muscle degeneration, and increase protein synthesis 7.
- HMB enhances fat oxidation for energy in the absence of insulin, which boosts energy levels (insulin levels increase with food intake).
- HMB may help attenuate the effects of cortisol production during fasting by up to 32 percent, according to studies. Cortisol levels that are too high may cause a variety of problems, including pain, inflammation, anxiety, adrenal exhaustion, and weight gain, to mention a few.
Extract of cayenne pepper (Capsaicin)
Capsaicin is a thermogenic substance that stimulates the production of catecholamines such as epinephrine and norepinephrine 9 by acting on the adrenal glands.
Despite lower feed intake, they help you burn more calories and increase energy expenditure throughout your exercises. Capsaicin also promotes lipid mobilization from adipose tissue, which aids in fat burning 10.
Aside from being an important trace mineral for brain function, it is also important for protein, carbohydrate, and fat metabolism.
Furthermore, it regulates insulin levels to avoid blood sugar dysregulation, which increases the risk of insulin resistance and weight gain.
Here’s where you can get the greatest deal on Burn Lab Pro.
So, what do you think: good or bad?
Excellent in every aspect. Burn Lab Pro is meant to be taken on an empty stomach every day to optimize your benefits, so take your dose first thing in the morning and get to work.
- R Randell, AE Jeukendrup Fat burners are dietary supplements that help the body burn fat. Obesity Reviews, 12(10), 841-851, Oct 2011.
- M Kavuru, S Sharma An overview of sleep and metabolism. International Journal of Endocrinology, August 2010.
- B Campbell, JM Wilson, PJ Fitschen, and others International Sports Nutrition Society Beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate is a position stand (HMB). 2013;1 0(1): 6. J Int Soc Sports Nutr.
- M Staniak, K Czopek, A Stepien, K Dua, R Wadhwa, DK Chellappan, O Sytar, and others Forskolin, a labdane diterpenoid with medicinal promise. 9 Oct 2019; Applied Sciences (19).
- The Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is located in New York City. Forskolin. 14th of April, 2020.
- AH Manninen, JG Wilson, JM Wilson A review of the effects of beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) on exercise performance and body composition in people of various ages, sexes, and degrees of training experience. 2008; 5:1 in Nutr Metab (Lond).
- JM Wilson, PJ Fitschen, B Campbell, JG Wilson, N Zanchi, L Taylor, C Wilborn, DS Kalman, JR Stout, JR Hoffman, TN Ziegenfuss, HL Lopez, RB Kreider, AE Smith-Ryan, J Antonio, JR Stout, JR Hoffman, JR Hoffman, JR Hoffman, JR Hoffman, JR Hoffman, JR International Sports Nutrition Society Beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate is a position stand (HMB). J Int Soc Sports Nutr 10(1): 6 (February 2, 2013).
- AG Cross, G Tinsley, AH Givan, AJ Graybeal, MI Villarreal During a 24-hour fast, -Hydroxy-methylbutyrate free acid modifies cortisol responses but not myofibrillar proteolysis. 517-526 in Br J Nutr, March 2018.
- WA Verri, V Fattori, MS Hohmann, AC Rossaneis, FA Pinho-Ribeiro Capsaicin: Current Knowledge of Its Mechanisms, Pain Therapy, and Other Preclinical and Clinical Applications Molecules, 21(7), 844, 2016.
- S Zheng, Q Feng, Q Zhang, and X Xiao. From mechanism to clinical consequences, dietary capsaicin has anti-obesity properties. 2017; 37; Biosci Rep. (3).
Taking a fat burner on an empty stomach is not necessarily good or bad. It all depends on the individual and their personal experience. Reference: can i take fat burner after meal.
Frequently Asked Questions
- is it ok to take fat burners while fasting
- is it safe to drink alcohol while taking fat burners
- best time to take fat burner pills
- what happens when you stop taking fat burners
- taking diet pills on an empty stomach
Pavel Sadovnik is a leading biochemical scientist with a PhD in biochemical engineering. He has spent decades working in industry as a chemist and pjharmaceutical consultant. He has extensive experience with the supplement industry, and specialises in supplement tsting and formulation consultancy. He is the Editor of NARSTO.